|Submission Date||Sept. 16, 2018|
|2.00 / 3.00||
American University of Sharjah is a member of the Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE).
Sustainable Campus Initiative via the Environmental Agency - Abu Dhabi
The Sustainable Campus Initiative launched by the Environment Agency – Abu Dhabi , aims to strengthen and build leadership capacity amoung youth, to address issues of environmental sustainability and be the main change agents in the country in working towards and shaping sustainable communities
Who can participate? :
- Universities/ campuses or registered youth associations from UAE can register
This is an annual initiative. Environmental Abu Dhabi will strive to mobilize, support, connect, engage and promote youth creativity and innovation in the field of sustainability through the following sets of activities
- Capacity build and support youth in the campuses to assess and continually address their environmental impact in their facility through auditing and managing.
- Assist and support youth in identifying and addressing an issue of sustainability in the community by undertaking a Sustainability Action project ( SAP)
- Provide a platform for youth to network within the country through a monthly Green Youth Majlis
- Facilitate connection and collaboration with global and regional youth sustainability networks through videoconferencing , and sharing and learning best practices by participating in youth events and conferences
- Organise a networking conferences once a year for youth mentors.
EAD support for registered college in their sustainability journey
- Provide manuals and conduct a yearly workshop for registered colleges to assess and audit the environmental impact.
- Provide manual and conduct workshops for youth to support them to reach out to the community and undertake Sustainability Action projects ( SAP)
Reports from the registered campuses would be evaluated by a team of experts. EAD would organize an yearly Sustainable Campus Excellence Awards ceremony to recognize good practices
Green Audit and Sustainable Action Project for the American University of Sharjah:
2016-2016 academic year
2016-2017 academic year
2017-2018 academic year
Fifth International Conference on Water, Energy and Environment - Feb 28, 2017 @ AUS
The conference promotes global collaboration among faculty, students, engineers and managers on ecological economics and water, energy and environment resource management. It provides a forum for distinguished guest speakers and practitioners to address recent research results and to present and discuss related issues in energy, water and environment. A number of leading practitioners, policy makers and researchers were invited to deliver keynote lectures.
The following AUS professors were on committees:
Taleb Ibrahim (Chair)
Kazi Parvez Fattah
Yehya El Sayed
Paul Nancarrow (Co-Chair)
Kazi Parvez Fattah (Co-Chair)
Zarook Shareefdeen (Co-Chair)
Hasan A. Hasan
The information presented here is self-reported. While AASHE
staff review portions of all STARS reports and institutions are welcome to seek additional forms of review, the data in STARS reports are not verified by AASHE. If you believe any of this information is erroneous or inconsistent with credit criteria, please review the process for inquiring about the information reported by an institution and complete the Data Inquiry Form.