|Submission Date||July 23, 2015|
College Advancement & External Relations
Loyalist College adheres to Ontario Regulation 34/03 of the Ontario Colleges Of Applied Arts & Technology Act, 2002 (OCAAT Act) which requires public consultation for strategic plans and requires that Board of Governors meetings be open to the public. It is the College's policy to appoint 12 community members to its Board of Governors and to provide ample public consultation to inform the development of the College's Strategic Plan.
In addition, it is established practice at the College to engage in community outreach for input on a number of issues. For instance, there are over 60 advisory committees that oversee curriculum development of which community stakeholders are members.
Loyalist's By-Law 1 governs the appointment of community stakeholders to the College's Board of Governors. Appointments are vetted by the College Compensation and Appointments Council in a manner that complies with Ministry regulations.
With regard to Program Advisory Committees, members are chosen based on how well they represent a diversity of experience and expertise in the particular career or program area concerned. As per Loyalist's By-Law 4, nominations for membership may be made by the committee, individual committee members, or the College. Appointments to the Committee are made by the Board of Governors through the President on the recommendation of the appropriate Dean following consultation with the Vice-President, Academic.
External members of the Board of Governors
• Brian Smith: Director, Emergency and Long-Term Care Services in Napanee for the County of Lennox and Addington
• Tamara Kleinschmidt: Executive Director of The HUB Child and Family Centre and Interim Executive Director of the Trenton Military Family Resource Centre
• Bruce McLeod, owner of Live Big Coaching providing executive coaching and business mentoring services internationally
• Scott Williams: President, Global Knowledge Canada
• Natalie Bohnen-Twiddy retired from the Hastings and Prince Edward District School Board
• June Hagerman retired from the Hastings and Prince Edward District School Board
• David Hatch, Executive Producer at WhistleStop Productions Inc.
• Cory McMullan, Chief of Police with the Belleville Police Service
• Mary Lynn Rutledge: General Manager, Community Futures Development Corporation of North and Central Hastings and South Algonquin
External members of the Loyalist College Foundation
• Bernie Ouellet
• Susan Scarborough
• Kristin Crowe
• Donna Gowthorpe
• Catharine Huff
• Mark Rollins
• John Sherratt
• Margaret Werkhoven
Strategic Plan: 500 participants from inside and outside the Loyalist community provided input on the 2009-2014 Strategic Plan via a formal consultation process.
Capital Campaign: working with community and College partners both in our immediate community and beyond (e.g. W. Garfield Weston Foundation), Loyalist's College Advancement team raised the necessary support to purchase leading edge equipment for the LEED Silver Certified Sustainable Skills, Technology and Life Sciences Centre which opened in 2011.
Loyalist has worked successfully with local municipalities, foundations, individuals, business and industry partners to secure monetary support for capital as well as for student financial assistance to encourage students to engage in Skills programs and careers.
The information presented here is self-reported. While AASHE
staff review portions of all STARS reports and institutions are welcome to seek additional forms of review, the data in STARS reports are not verified by AASHE. If you believe any of this information is erroneous or inconsistent with credit criteria, please review the process for inquiring about the information reported by an institution and complete the Data Inquiry Form.
The information presented here is self-reported. While AASHE staff review portions of all STARS reports and institutions are welcome to seek additional forms of review, the data in STARS reports are not verified by AASHE. If you believe any of this information is erroneous or inconsistent with credit criteria, please review the process for inquiring about the information reported by an institution and complete the Data Inquiry Form.