|Submission Date||Nov. 27, 2013|
Associate Chancellor for Institutional Diversity
Office of Diversity and Equity
• Inclusive Excellence/Cultural Competency Training: Inclusive Excellence/Cultural Competency Training is designed to foster the ability to understand the value of difference. Training sessions are offered both as individual trainings for campus units, or as open campus trainings where all faculty, staff and students are welcome to attend.
• Difference Dialogues: The Difference Dialogues is a monthly series where faculty, staff, and graduate assistants are given the opportunity to discuss issues of difference on this campus. There is no set agenda; rather the Difference Dialogue sessions are for attendees to voice their experiences and/or any concerns and to receive feedback from the group and the facilitators.
• Spotlight Series: The Spotlight Series is a monthly series of presentations showcasing the Inclusive Excellence talents of SIU Carbondale's faculty and staff. Presentations are open to faculty, staff and students.
Center for Inclusive Excellence
• Faculty/Staff Development Series: A series of lectures for faculty and staff presented by faculty and staff on topics of inclusive excellence.
• Heritage and History Months: Events recognizing and celebrating heritage and history months such as Hispanic Heritage History Month, LGBTQ History Month, Native American History Month, Black History Month, Women’s History Month and Asian Heritage Month.
The information presented here is self-reported. While AASHE
staff review portions of all STARS reports and institutions are welcome to seek additional forms of review, the data in STARS reports are not verified by AASHE. If you believe any of this information is erroneous or inconsistent with credit criteria, please review the process for inquiring about the information reported by an institution and complete the Data Inquiry Form.