|Submission Date||July 6, 2011|
Office of Sustainability
Over 80 awards and bursaries offered with consideration given to financial need, 15 of which indicating financial need as the primary criteria.
1. U of C bursary program which awarded $3.8 million to students last year
2. Emergency loan and bursary programs-providing interest free loans and bursaries to students with identified financial need
3. Students’ Union hardship fund
4. Campus food bank-available for use by students
5. Bookstore book loan program-students can apply to have the bookstore lend them books at no cost (approximately 40 students/year)
6. Students with documented disabilities can be considered full time students while taking a reduced course load
7. We participate in provincial and federal student aid programs, including those for low and middle income students and repayment options for both programs aimed at reducing the impact of debt
further information on the programs above may be found at:
http://web.ucalgary.ca/futurestudents/node/496/ (general FAQ about financial assistance)
The information presented here is self-reported. While AASHE
staff review portions of all STARS reports and institutions are welcome to seek additional forms of review, the data in STARS reports are not verified by AASHE. If you believe any of this information is erroneous or inconsistent with credit criteria, please review the process for inquiring about the information reported by an institution and complete the Data Inquiry Form.