|Submission Date||Aug. 16, 2018|
|1.00 / 1.00||
Office of Sustainability
The University of Manitoba offers wellness programs for students, staff and faculty as well as a 5 year University wide Wellness Strategy.
The following are some of the programs available to support student wellness:
- A student Counselling Centre is available for all students for counselling, crisis assistance, resources, workshops and more
- Student Affairs runs a Health and Wellness program that works to fight mental health stigmas, bullying issues, and addictions
- Health services has an onsite Physician available by appointment for checkups, tests, and referrals
- Student Accessibility Services is available to reduce barriers to students with any form of disability
- Access to Recreation Services is available to all full time students with gym fees included in tuition to reduce cost
The following are some of the programs available to support Staff and Faculty wellness:
- The Employee and Family Assistance Program provides counselling with optional accessible phone, internet conference or written formats, real-time, 24/7 chat support with First Chat and the My EAP mobile app with fast and easy access to health and wellness topics that may impact work
- Recreation Services provides wellness programs and seminars for workplace team development and reduced pricing for membership
The information presented here is self-reported. While AASHE
staff review portions of all STARS reports and institutions are welcome to seek additional forms of review, the data in STARS reports are not verified by AASHE. If you believe any of this information is erroneous or inconsistent with credit criteria, please review the process for inquiring about the information reported by an institution and complete the Data Inquiry Form.