|Submission Date||Aug. 22, 2011|
Communications and Training Officer
Physical Plant and Capital Planning Services
The Faculty of Engineering offers an Internship Program for those students interested in gaining practical engineering experience in industry. In this program, students spend 12 to 16 months working in industry between their third and fourth years of the Bachelor of Engineering Science (B.E.Sc.) program. Time spent in an internship may count as one-year of pre-graduation experience toward the four years experience required for licensing as a Professional Engineer in the Province of Ontario.
Previous internships included:
- Working at Suncor in Sarnia, ON in the area of Environmental Health and Safety (2009/2010)
- Working with Hadadd Geotechnical doing site surveys and review of documents for Phase 1 Environmental Assessments (summer of 2009)
- Working at PCR Contractors in Windsor, ON to study emerging contaminants in wastewater and their effective removal (summer of 2010)
- Working with Environment Canada in Burlington, ON studying emerging contaminants in wastewater and their effective removal (2010/2011)
- At Golder Associates in London, ON working on contaminated site projects (2010/2011)
- At Suncor in Sarnia, ON working as an Environmental Health and Safety Intern in the environmental group on leak detection (2010/2011)
The information presented here is self-reported. While AASHE
staff review portions of all STARS reports and institutions are welcome to seek additional forms of review, the data in STARS reports are not verified by AASHE. If you believe any of this information is erroneous or inconsistent with credit criteria, please review the process for inquiring about the information reported by an institution and complete the Data Inquiry Form.