|Submission Date||Nov. 1, 2016|
|0.20 / 2.00||
New Student Orientation
|Yes or No|
|Entering graduate students||No|
1. Students receive information about the Student Sustainability Office, Aggie Blue Bikes, bus transportation, recycling, and the Sustainability Council in the Student Handbook.
2. The Sustainability Council hosts a table at Student Orientation, Advising, and Registration (SOAR) information fair lunches as well as at Connections.
3. Students participating in Connections, a two-credit academic course designed to assist students transition to university life includes an optional sustainability module with a guest speaker. It includes an optional informational video. Approximately, 160 students receive the sustainability module.
4. All Connections students were invited to attend a sustainability social on the Saturday before classes begin. Approximately, 200 freshmen attend.
5. The common literature experience frequently includes sustainability themes, including The Green Mile in 2015 and The Boy Who Harnessed The Wind in 2013.
The information presented here is self-reported. While AASHE
staff review portions of all STARS reports and institutions are welcome to seek additional forms of review, the data in STARS reports are not verified by AASHE. If you believe any of this information is erroneous or inconsistent with credit criteria, please review the process for inquiring about the information reported by an institution and complete the Data Inquiry Form.