|Submission Date||Dec. 13, 2017|
|14.00 / 14.00||
Center for Sustainability and the Environment
|Total number of courses offered by the institution||633||0|
|Number of sustainability courses offered||52||0|
|Number of courses offered that include sustainability||75||0|
We generally included courses included in the Sustainability major, and the minors in Sustainability and Sustainable Food Systems as sustainability courses. We included sustainability content courses based upon course descriptions.
To determine whether other courses were sustainability content courses, we utilized the U.N. Decade of Education for Sustainable Development criteria, indicating such education should include learning to:
• respect, value and preserve the achievements of the past;
• appreciate the wonders and the peoples of the Earth;
• live in a world where all people have sufficient food for a healthy and productive life;
• assess, care for and restore the state of our Planet;
• create and enjoy a better, safer, more just world; and
• be caring citizens who exercise their rights and responsibilities locally, nationally and globally.
We reviewed course descriptions for such related elements and where there were questions, queried faculty about whether they felt their course content applied or that a significant portion of the course was related to sustainability.
We considered credit-based internship classes that can be taken multiple times for credit (e.g. SUS 290/390) as a single course.
|Yes (included) or No (not included)|
|Thesis / dissertation||Yes|
The information presented here is self-reported. While AASHE
staff review portions of all STARS reports and institutions are welcome to seek additional forms of review, the data in STARS reports are not verified by AASHE. If you believe any of this information is erroneous or inconsistent with credit criteria, please review the process for inquiring about the information reported by an institution and complete the Data Inquiry Form.