In This Article
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Templates & Tools
- Example Responses
- Common Issues Identified During Review
- Additional Resources
For details about this credit, including the criteria, reporting timeframe, applicability, scoring, and more, please review the full credit language.
Do programs that support research generally, including sustainability research, count for this credit?
No. To qualify, sustainability research programs must have an explicit intent to increase sustainability research by academic staff or students.
General research support programs that may include or address sustainability are not sufficient.
Examples of sustainability support may include research guides, materials selection policies and practices, curriculum development efforts, sustainability literacy promotion, and/or e-learning objects focused on sustainability.
- Thompson Rivers University – Thorough responses under each section outlining support for sustainability-focused research.
- Student and employee support – In order to count, sustainability research programs must specifically aim to increase student/employee sustainability research. General or interdisciplinary research support programs that may include sustainability are not sufficient.
- Inter-, Trans- and Multi-Disciplinary Research
- STARS 2.1: Response must affirm published written policies and procedures that recognize interdisciplinary, transdisciplinary, and multidisciplinary research during faculty promotion and/or tenure decisions.
- STARS 2.2 and above: The guideline or policy language provided must give explicit positive recognition to interdisciplinary, transdisciplinary, and/or multidisciplinary research.
- Library support – Sufficient detail on library support for sustainability research and learning must be provided. Examples of sustainability support may include research guides, materials selection policies and practices, curriculum development efforts, sustainability literacy promotion, and/or e-learning objects focused on sustainability.