In This Article
This is an optional Innovation & Leadership credit. These credits recognize exemplary practices and performance above and beyond what is recognized in standard credits and may not be relevant to every institution. Scoring in the Innovation and Leadership section is capped at 4 bonus points total.
For details about this exemplary practice, including the criteria and reporting fields, please review the full credit language.
Our institution purchases a lot of Green Seal products. Does this qualify for points under this credit?
No, purchasing certified products is not sufficient. In order to count for this credit, the institution’s cleaning program/service itself must be certified.
- List of Certified Providers – Green Seal’s Environmental Standard for Commercial Cleaning Services (GS-42)
- List of Certified Organizations – International Sanitary Supply Association’s (ISSA) Cleaning Industry Management Standard for Green Buildings (CIMS-GB)
- Green Mountain College – Good documentation that institution’s cleaning contractor is CIMS Green Cleaning certified.
- MacEwan University – Good documentation that institution’s cleaning contractor is CIMS Green Cleaning certified.
- University of Virginia – Good documentation (through institutional website) that institution’s cleaning contractor is Green Seal certified.
- Formal certification of the cleaning program must have taken place. Adhering to green cleaning standards or purchase or use of certified green cleaning products is not sufficient. The institution OR its primary cleaning services contractor must be certified by one of the following: Green Seal’s Environmental Standard for Commercial Cleaning Services (GS-42), The International Sanitary Supply Association’s (ISSA’s) Cleaning Industry Management Standard for Green Buildings (CIMS-GB), Local equivalents for institutions outside the U.S. and Canada
- Resources related to green cleaning in the Campus Sustainability Hub.