In This Article
This is an optional Innovation & Leadership credit. These credits recognize exemplary practices and performance above and beyond what is recognized in standard credits and may not be relevant to every institution. Scoring in the Innovation and Leadership section is capped at 4 bonus points total.
For details about this exemplary practice, including the criteria and reporting fields, please review the full credit language.
A team certification program formally recognizes athletic teams for their sustainability initiatives. See, for example, Yale University’s Green Team Certification Program. A formal certification program must be in place. Simply referencing the green athletics efforts of teams in the absence of a formal program is not sufficient.
- Colgate University – Responses reference an athletics sustainability team; content in descriptive field fully supports all affirmative responses.
- University of Texas at Austin – Responses demonstrate a formal green athletics program; content in descriptive field fully supports all affirmative responses.
- An active green athletics program must be in place. Simply referencing green athletics efforts is not sufficient in the absence of a formal program.
- Descriptive response should support each affirmative response indicated at the top of the credit (at least four).
- See resources related to athletics in the Campus Sustainability Hub.