In This Article
This is an optional Innovation & Leadership credit. These credits recognize exemplary practices and performance above and beyond what is recognized in standard credits and may not be relevant to every institution. Scoring in the Innovation and Leadership section is capped at 4 bonus points total.
For details about this exemplary practice, including the criteria and reporting fields, please review the full credit language.
A formal program must be in place. Simply referencing efforts to make events greener in the absence of a formal program is not sufficient.
- American University – Clear indication that green event guidelines are in place. Each Yes response is affirmed in the descriptive text.
- Simon Fraser University – Clear indication that a formal events certification program is in place. Website URL includes downloadable event certification checklists.
- University of California, Santa Barbara – Clear indication that a formal events certification program is in place. Each Yes response is affirmed in the descriptive text.
- A green event certification program that has certified one or more events in the previous year must be in place. Simply referencing initiatives to make events greener is not sufficient in the absence of a certification program.
- Descriptive response should support each affirmative response indicated at the top of the credit (at least four).