In This Article
This is an optional Innovation & Leadership credit. These credits recognize exemplary practices and performance above and beyond what is recognized in standard credits and may not be relevant to every institution. Scoring in the Innovation and Leadership section is capped at 4 bonus points total.
For details about this credit, including the criteria, reporting timeframe, applicability, scoring, and more, please review the full credit language.
- Babson College – Conducted independent review through a paid contractor as well as internal review using the standard review template – great collaboration and a very thorough review.
- Connecticut College – Good example of conducting peer review through a sustainability officer at another institution.
- Hampshire College – Good example of conducting independent review through a paid contractor.
- University of Wisconsin-River Falls – Good example of engaging students in STARS Submission Review.
- To count as an exemplary practice, the institution must have had a finalized version of its current STARS submission reviewed by an independent party, and must have addressed any inconsistencies identified by the reviewer(s) prior to submission. Check for documentation to back this up.
- See resources related to reporting assurance in Campus Sustainability Hub.