In This Article
For details about this credit, including the criteria, reporting timeframe, applicability, scoring, and more, please review the full credit language:
The gross floor area and energy intensive space figures are required to pursue the Greenhouse Gas Emissions, Building Operations and Maintenance, Building Energy Consumption, and Water Use credits, and the total campus area figure is required to pursue the Landscape Management credit.
Generally speaking, these figures should be consistent across credits if the same performance year is being used. To simplify reporting, the Reporting Tool will allow you to copy the figures reported in Operational Characteristics into these credits. If the same performance year is used, but it is necessary to deviate from one or more IC figures when completing a credit, the rationale for doing so must be recorded in the Notes field.
Please also note that the endowment size figure is relevant when reporting on the total value of the investment pool in the Sustainable Investment credit. Generally speaking, endowment size should be less than or equal to the value of the investment pool.
Energy intensive building space is limited to:
- Research laboratories
- Restaurants and food production facilities
- Convenience and grocery stores
- Data centers
- Data tracking sheets
- ANSI/ASHRAE/IESNA Standard 90.1-2007 (international climate zones)
- Climate Regions by County (U.S.)
- Postsecondary Education Facilities Inventory and Classification Manual – U.S. Department of Education
- ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager Technical Reference: U.S. Energy Use Intensity by Property Type
- Central Michigan University – Complete and accurate responses. Includes supplemental Campus (Building) Summary upload.
- Cleveland State University – Complete and accurate responses. Includes supplemental space data on all buildings included in institutional boundary (PDF upload).
- University of Utah – Complete and accurate responses. Includes supplemental building list for GHG inventory, STARS and LEED. Includes detailed notes under the optional Notes field.
- Timeframe: Responses should reference most recent operational characteristics for which data are available at the time of submission.