STARS is a highly collaborative project and AASHE offers multiple opportunities for stakeholder engagement.
Applications are not open at this time. Please check back in autumn 2020.
- STARS Steering CommitteeThe STARS Steering Committee (SC) approves updates and revisions to the technical content of STARS, including each new version, and also advises on program policy, finances, and strategic positioning. SC members serve a three-year term and may be re-appointed for a second term.
Current SC Members
- Elaine Durr (Chair) – Director of Sustainability, Elon University (2nd term ends Dec. 2020)
- Áine Keogh (Vice-Chair) – Associate Director, Operational Sustainability & Reporting, University of Calgary (term ends Dec. 2020)
- Amy Butler – Director of Sustainability, Michigan State University (term ends Dec. 2022)
- Julian Dautremont – AASHE Director of Programs (ex-officio)
- Carol Dollard – Energy Engineer, Colorado State University (term ends Dec. 2021)
- Aaron Durnbaugh – Director of Sustainability, Loyola University Chicago (term ends Dec. 2021)
- Mike Harrington – Assistant Director, Tishman Environment and Design Center, The New School (term ends Dec. 2022)
- Camille Kirk – Director of Sustainability and Campus Sustainability Planner, University of California, Davis (term ends Dec. 2020)
- Anna Pautler – Sustainability Data Assessment & Reporting Officer, Sheridan College (2nd term ends Dec. 2020)
- Chris Pelton – STARS Program Manager, AASHE (ex-officio)
- Tamara Wallace – Sustainability Programs Manager, California State University Office of the Chancellor (term ends Dec. 2022)
AASHE Board Liaison
- Cindy Klein-Banai – Associate Chancellor for Sustainability, University of Illinois at Chicago (2019)
- Technical CommitteesTechnical Committees of the AASHE Advisory Council (AC) are the primary source for input and insight regarding the content of STARS credits. The Technical Committees also play an adjudicatory role when questions about the information reported through STARS are not otherwise resolved. There are four Technical Committees:
- Planning & Administration
STARS Partner Organizations are higher education associations and other non-profit organizations that provide value to the development and promotion of STARS. To inquire about becoming a partner organization, email firstname.lastname@example.org.