STARS is a highly collaborative project. AASHE offers multiple opportunities for stakeholder engagement.
Major revisions to STARS are developed according to the STARS Technical Development Policy and are vetted through an extensive process of deliberation and public comment. Subscribe to the STARS Update to stay informed about opportunities to provide formal feedback on STARS.
In addition to formal comment periods, feedback on STARS is welcome at all times. All community feedback is documented and helps drive the improvement of the framework. Please send your comments and suggestions to email@example.com.
- STARS Steering CommitteeThe STARS Steering Committee (SC) approves updates and revisions to the technical content of STARS, including each new version, and also advises on program policy, finances, and strategic positioning. SC members serve a three-year term and may be re-appointed for a second term.
Current SC Members
- Rashmi Sahai (Chair) – Assessments Program Manager, Office of Sustainability, Stanford University (term ends Dec. 2021)
- Dennis Carlberg – Sustainability Director, Boston University (2nd term ends Dec. 2019)
- Julian Dautremont – AASHE Director of Programs (ex-officio)
- Carol Dollard – Energy Engineer, Colorado State University (term ends Dec. 2021)
- Aaron Durnbaugh – Director of Sustainability, Loyola University Chicago (term ends Dec. 2021)
- Elaine Durr – Director of Sustainability, Elon University (2nd term ends Dec. 2020)
- Áine Keogh – Associate Director, Operational Sustainability & Reporting, University of Calgary (term ends Dec. 2020)
- Camille Kirk – Director of Sustainability and Campus Sustainability Planner, University of California, Davis (term ends Dec. 2020)
- Cindy Klein-Banai – Associate Chancellor for Sustainability, University of Illinois at Chicago (AASHE Board appointee, 2019)
- Anna Pautler – Sustainability Data Assessment & Reporting Officer, Sheridan College (2nd term ends Dec. 2020)
- Chris Pelton – STARS Program Manager, AASHE (ex-officio)
- Taryn Wilkinson – Sustainability Advisor at Niagara College (temporary appointment, term ends 2019)
- Technical CommitteesTechnical Committees of the AASHE Advisory Council (AC) are the primary source for input and insight regarding the content of STARS credits. The Technical Committees also play an adjudicatory role when questions about the information reported through STARS are not otherwise resolved. There are four Technical Committees:
- Planning & Administration
STARS Partner Organizations are higher education associations and other non-profit organizations that provide value to the development and promotion of STARS. Partner Organizations have the opportunity to nominate a member, constituent or staff person to serve on the STARS Steering Committee or AASHE Advisory Council. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about becoming a STARS Partner Organization.