STARS is a highly collaborative project and AASHE offers multiple opportunities for stakeholder engagement.
Applications are currently closed and will reopen autumn 2022.
STARS Steering Committee
The STARS Steering Committee (SC) approves updates and revisions to the technical content of STARS, including each new version, and also advises on program policy, finances, and strategic positioning. SC members serve a three-year term and may be re-appointed for a second term.
Current SC Members
- Tamara Wallace (Chair), Sustainability Programs Manager, California State University Office of the Chancellor (2020-2025)
- Mike Harrington (Vice Chair), Assistant Director, Tishman Environment and Design Center, The New School (2020-2025)
- Julian Dautremont, Director of Programs, AASHE (ex-officio)
- Stephen Ellis, Director of Data Analytics, BU Sustainability, Boston University (2022-2024)
- Camille Kirk, Director of Sustainability and Campus Sustainability Planner, University of California, Davis (2018-2023)
- Maria Kirrane, Sustainability Officer, University College Cork, Ireland (2022-2024)
- Teddy Lhoutellier, Sustainability Manager, University of Miami (2021-2023)
- Tonie Miyamoto, Director of Communications and Sustainability, Colorado State University (2022-2024)
- Benjamin Newton, Environmental Sustainability Director, Central Community College (2021-2023)
- Chris Pelton, STARS Program Manager, AASHE (ex-officio)
- Dr. Carmen Primo Perez, Division of the Chief Operating Officer, University of Tasmania (2021-2023)
- Rebecca Watts Hull, Service Learning and Partnerships Specialist, Center for Serve-Learn-Sustain, Georgia Institute of Technology (2021-2023)
Technical Committees of the AASHE Advisory Council (AC) are the primary source for input and insight regarding the content of STARS credits. The Technical Committees also play an adjudicatory role when questions about the information reported through STARS are not otherwise resolved. There are four Technical Committees:
- Planning & Administration
STARS Partner Organizations are higher education associations and other non-profit organizations that provide value to the development and promotion of STARS. To inquire about becoming a partner organization, email email@example.com.