STARS is a highly collaborative project and AASHE offers multiple opportunities for stakeholder engagement.
Since the approval of AASHE’s Diversity, Equity & Inclusion policy in 2018, the organization has continued to address the need to increase diversity and inclusion, and emphasize the interconnectedness of racial equity & social justice with sustainability. We are looking for candidates to help us advance this work in addition to all aspects of our mission. We invite all members who are passionate and interested to apply. We particularly welcome and encourage applications from people of color.
- STARS Steering CommitteeThe STARS Steering Committee (SC) approves updates and revisions to the technical content of STARS, including each new version, and also advises on program policy, finances, and strategic positioning. SC members serve a three-year term and may be re-appointed for a second term.
Current SC Members
- Aaron Durnbaugh (Chair) – Director of Sustainability, Loyola University Chicago (term ends Dec. 2021)
- Áine Keogh (Vice-Chair) – Associate Director, Operational Sustainability & Reporting, University of Calgary (term ends Dec. 2020)
- Dennis Carlberg – Sustainability Director, Boston University (2nd term ends Dec. 2019)
- Julian Dautremont – AASHE Director of Programs (ex-officio)
- Carol Dollard – Energy Engineer, Colorado State University (term ends Dec. 2021)
- Elaine Durr – Director of Sustainability, Elon University (2nd term ends Dec. 2020)
- Camille Kirk – Director of Sustainability and Campus Sustainability Planner, University of California, Davis (term ends Dec. 2020)
- Cindy Klein-Banai – Associate Chancellor for Sustainability, University of Illinois at Chicago (AASHE Board liaison, 2019)
- Anna Pautler – Sustainability Data Assessment & Reporting Officer, Sheridan College (2nd term ends Dec. 2020)
- Chris Pelton – STARS Program Manager, AASHE (ex-officio)
- Technical CommitteesTechnical Committees of the AASHE Advisory Council (AC) are the primary source for input and insight regarding the content of STARS credits. The Technical Committees also play an adjudicatory role when questions about the information reported through STARS are not otherwise resolved. There are four Technical Committees:
- Planning & Administration
STARS Partner Organizations are higher education associations and other non-profit organizations that provide value to the development and promotion of STARS. To inquire about becoming a partner organization, email firstname.lastname@example.org.