AASHE provides a variety of tools designed to help you engage campus stakeholders and collect the information you need to complete STARS credits.
- OutreachUse or adapt these materials to share information about STARS with campus stakeholders and request information from data providers.
- STARS One-Pager
- STARS Overview Presentation
- Announcing STARS to Your Institution Email Template. Use this email template to announce your institution’s participation in STARS to campus stakeholders and notify potential data providers that they may be contacted regarding STARS credits.
- Colleague Outreach Email Template. Use this email template to connect with colleagues at other institutions that are not yet participating in STARS. The template outlines the benefits of STARS and encourages registration.
- Requesting Departmental Data for STARS Email Template. Use this email template to request information for specific STARS credits from campus stakeholders.
- Responsible Party Email Template. AASHE recommends that each Responsible Party listed in the Reporting Tool is notified. This email template gives a brief explanation of STARS while also explaining the role of the individual that is identified as a Responsible Party.
- Data Collection
Data Tracking Sheets
These optional spreadsheets can be downloaded or shared through Google Drive. They are designed to be used in conjunction with the individual credit files located on the Technical Manual page for data collection and tracking purposes. Data must be entered into the online Reporting Tool independently. Learn more about how to share credits with data providers.
- Review & Assurance
To help facilitate pre-submission review and assurance, AASHE publishes a STARS Review Template. The template highlights common issues that AASHE staff have identified during standard post-submission reviews. You may use the template internally to double-check that these issues have been addressed before you submit or you can use it to structure an independent assurance process (and earn points for your efforts).