AASHE provides a number of resources to help institutions engage campus stakeholders and gather the information required to complete STARS.
- OutreachUse or adapt these materials to share information about STARS with campus stakeholders and request information from data providers.
- STARS One-Pager
- STARS Overview Presentation
- Announcing STARS to Your Institution. Download MS Word file or copy Google Doc. Use this email template to announce your institution’s participation in STARS to campus stakeholders and notify potential data providers that they may be contacted regarding STARS credits.
- Colleague Outreach. Download MS Word file or copy Google Doc. Use this email template to connect with colleagues at other institutions that are not yet participating in STARS. The template outlines the benefits of STARS and encourages registration.
- Requesting Departmental Data for STARS. Download MS Word file or copy Google Doc. Use this email template to request information for specific STARS credits from campus stakeholders.
- Responsible Party. Download MS Word file or copy Google Doc. AASHE recommends that each Responsible Party listed in the Reporting Tool is notified. This email template gives a brief explanation of STARS while also explaining the role of the individual that is identified as a Responsible Party.
- Data Collection
Create your own data collection forms by copying these files to Google Drive or downloading in MS Word format.
- Faculty survey template. Ask academic staff to self-identify sustainability courses and research.
- Academic course inventory. Download Excel file or copy Google Sheet. Use or adapt this template to document sustainability course offerings and, optionally, track linkages to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Research inventory. Download Excel file or copy Google Sheet. Use or adapt this template to document sustainability research and scholarship and, optionally, track contributions to the SDGs.
- Continuing education course inventory. Download Excel file or copy Google Sheet. Use or adapt this template to document community sustainability course offerings and, optionally, track linkages to the SDGs.
- Food and beverage purchasing inventory. Download Excel file or copy Google Sheet. Use this template to document purchases that qualify as sustainably or ethically produced.
Data Tracking Sheets
Once your institution has upgraded to v.2.2, you can generate a data tracking spreadsheet by navigating to My Submission and selecting Download > Excel from the Export menu.
Data Tracking Sheets
These optional spreadsheets can be downloaded or shared through Google Drive. They are designed to be used in conjunction with the individual credit files located on the Technical Manual page for data collection and tracking purposes. Data must be entered into the online Reporting Tool independently. Learn more about how to share credits with data providers.
- Review & Assurance
To help facilitate pre-submission review and assurance, AASHE publishes a STARS Review Template. The template highlights common issues that AASHE staff have identified during standard post-submission reviews. You may use the template internally to double-check that these issues have been addressed before you submit or you can use it to structure an independent assurance process (and earn points for your efforts).
- Coming soon!