This is an optional Innovation & Leadership credit. These credits recognize exemplary practices and performance above and beyond what is recognized in standard credits and may not be relevant to every institution. Scoring in the Innovation and Leadership section is capped at 4 bonus points total.
IN 21: Health and Safety Management Certification – version 2.2
Frequently Asked Questions
What types of internationally recognized programs qualify?
Examples of internationally recognized programs include:
- OHSAS 18001 Occupational Health and Safety Management standard
- ISO 45001 Occupational health and safety management systems standard
- ILO Guidelines on Occupational Safety and Health Management Systems
What types of national guidelines qualify?
Examples of national guidelines (U.S. institutions) include:
- U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Voluntary Protection Program (VPP)
- U.S. ANSI/AIHA/ASSE Z10-2012 Occupational Health & Safety Management Systems standard
- CAN/CSAZ1000-14 – Occupational health and safety management
- Canadian Certificate of Recognition (COR) program
Common Issues Identified During Review
- To count, the institution must have an occupational health and safety management system (OHSMS) that has been audited by an organization external to the institution within the previous three years. Documentation affirming the audit is required.