This is an optional Innovation & Leadership credit. These credits recognize exemplary practices and performance above and beyond what is recognized in standard credits and may not be relevant to every institution. Scoring in the Innovation and Leadership section is capped at 4 bonus points total.
IN 25: Network for Student Social Innovation – version 2.2
Frequently Asked Questions
What equivalent programs might qualify?
The following programs have been identified as an equivalent to Ashoka U Changemaker Campus and CGI University Network:
- Furman University – Good reporting example of an institution’s participation in an equivalent program (Millenium Fellowship) and demonstrated institutional commitment.
- George Mason University – The institution participates in both Ashoka U Changemaker Campus and CGI University Network, with good documentation for both programs.
- George Washington University – Participation in GCI is affirmed with a link to the List of Members found in the Notes field. Also referenced is an institution-specific program, GWupstart, a central hub for social innovation training, mentoring and funding.
- Universidad de Monterrey – Great documentation provided for participation in Ashoka U Changemaker Campus. Includes uploaded agreement and link to the institution profile on the Changemaker website.
- University of St. Thomas – Great documentation provided for participation in Ashoka U Changemaker Campus. Historical context provided in Notes field.
Common Issues Identified During Review
- Documentation for Ashoka U Changemaker Campus, CGI University Network, or an equivalent program must be provided. To qualify, an equivalent program must involve a formal institutional commitment to a social innovation program.