In This Article
This is an optional Innovation & Leadership credit. These credits recognize exemplary practices and performance above and beyond what is recognized in standard credits and may not be relevant to every institution. Scoring in the Innovation and Leadership section is capped at 4 bonus points total.
For details about this exemplary practice, including the criteria and reporting fields, please review the full credit language.
For an online catalog, a sustainability “filter” is most commonly used to highlight courses with sustainability designations. For a printed catalog, a sustainability “tag” such as an image or abbreviation is displayed next to courses that are designated.
- Florida Gulf Coast University – Demonstrates how a sustainability “filter” in an online catalog fulfills the requirements of this credit.
- Link to Course Schedule Search
- Humboldt State University – Demonstrates how a “tag” in a printed catalog fulfills the requirements of this credit.
- University of Michigan – Demonstrates how a sustainability “filter” in an online catalog fulfills the requirements of this credit.
- Link to filtered list in online catalog
- The intent of this exemplary practice is to recognize institutions that go above and beyond the AC 1 criteria by formalizing sustainability course listings for current and prospective students in the course catalog or similar. Responses must provide documentation that the standard course catalog includes sustainability designations across academic disciplines. Providing a website that lists sustainability courses or listing courses available to earn a sustainability minor or similar is not sufficient.
- See Curriculum-related resources in the Campus Sustainability Hub.