This is an optional Innovation & Leadership credit. These credits recognize exemplary practices and performance above and beyond what is recognized in standard credits and may not be relevant to every institution. Scoring in the Innovation and Leadership section is capped at 4 bonus points total.
IN 43: Water Balance – version 2.2
Resources, Templates & Tools
- Sustainable Sanitation and Water Management – Water Balance Estimation
- Sustainable Sanitation and Water Management Toolbox
- Water Evaluation and Planning (WEAP) tool
- Net Zero Water Toolkit – Brendle Group
- Water Balance Toolset for ArcGIS
- Seattle University – Provides sufficient detail on the methodology used to calculate natural water balance.
- University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee – Comprehensive documentation on methodology and water use practices is provided.
Common Issues Identified During Review
- To count, institutions must assess whether total water use is sustainable given average precipitation, potential evapotranspiration, the campus/watershed area and other factors. Response must indicate that this has taken place.