This is an optional Innovation & Leadership credit. These credits recognize exemplary practices and performance above and beyond what is recognized in standard credits and may not be relevant to every institution. Scoring in the Innovation and Leadership section is capped at 4 bonus points total.
IN 44: Wellbeing Certification – version 2.2
Frequently Asked Questions
What “equivalent programs approved by AASHE” can be claimed under this credit?
The following regional and US programs have been claimed as equivalent programs:
- Active Minds Healthy Campus Award
- American Heart Association Workplace Health Achievement Recognitions
- Exercise is Medicine recognition program
- JED Campus Membership
- Partnership for a Healthier America Healthier Campus Initiative
- Grand Valley State University – Good documentation provided for a common equivalent program (Healthier Campus Initiative, Partnership for a Healthier America). The Notes field includes information on historical progress.
- University of California, Irvine – Includes comprehensive documentation affirming Workplace Health Achievement Index awards from the American Heart Association, including links to multiple years’ awards.
- University of Virginia – The institutional website includes documentation to support participation in several certifications on the institution’s website and includes most recent awards and certifications.
- University of Waterloo – Great documentation provided to affirm a Canadian Awards for Excellence Gold rating.
Common Issues Identified During Review
- To count, the institution has been recognized for leadership in health and wellness during the previous three years by a national or international certification program. Commitment or recognition programs are not sufficient in the absence of earning a certification based on specified standards. Documentation affirming the wellbeing certification or recognition is required.