To access the STARS Reporting Tool get started by navigating to the ‘Reporting Tool’ button in the top right corner of any page on the STARS website and log-in using your AASHE Account information. Please note, only individuals that is listed as a 'user' in the STARS Reporting Tool will have access. Not listed as a 'user'? Contact your institution's STARS Liaison or send an email to email@example.com.
The ‘My Summary’ section of the STARS Reporting Tool is your home base. Here, you will be able to:
- Purchase a Full Access subscription
- View current and previous subscription periods
- Add and manage users and control their level of access (‘Administrator,’ ‘Data Entry,’ or ‘Observer’)
- Edit contact information for your institution’s STARS Liaison and Executive Contact
- Access payment history and make credit card payments
- Add and manage ‘Responsible Parties’
- Share ‘snapshots’ of saved data with other organizations like the Princeton Review and Sierra Magazine
- Upgrade to a new version of STARS
- Migrate data from an old report or snapshot into ‘My Submission’
In this section, you can:
- Document your Institutional Characteristics (required information that provides context for understanding and interpreting STARS reports)
- Access the criteria and guidance for each STARS credit, including a visual glossary of standards and terms
- Report and save data for each credit your institution wishes to pursue
- View and monitor your institution’s provisional score and rating (Full Access subscribers only)
- Export saved data in PDF or Excel format (Full Access subscribers only)
- Save a ‘snapshot’ of saved data to share with other organizations
- Submit your STARS report
This section features several tools and tips to get you started with STARS, assist during your data documentation, and help promote your efforts once a STARS rating is achieved.
- Access your institution’s STARS seal(s)
- Download data collection tools
- Download template emails, press releases and other promotional tools
- Access resources contributed by the higher education sustainability community
Preview your STARS report here as it will appear publicly before you submit or use this section of the Reporting Tool to access all previously submitted reports. ‘Pending Submission’ indicates the current report your institution is working on in the STARS Reporting Tool.
Questions? Contact Us!
Need help using the Reporting Tool or guidance in interpreting credit criteria?