As part of our efforts to continuously improve STARS data quality and the reporting process, AASHE has released a STARS Review Template. The template highlights common issues that AASHE staff have identified during standard post-submission reviews. We encourage all institutions working in STARS 2.1 to use the template as a resource to promote data accuracy.
Benefits of Using the Template
Identify and resolve potential data inconsistencies in your report, leading to a higher quality report, fewer issues during the post-submission collaborative review and revision process and expedited report publication and rating.
Earn points for having your institution’s report reviewed under the revised Pre-Submission Review exemplary practice credit.
Earn points under the Inter-Campus Collaboration credit by providing a peer review of another institution’s submission.
STARS Review Pilot
Institutions planning to submit a STARS report before June 2018 are invited to participate in a STARS Review Pilot by securing a pre-submission review of their report using this template. Pilot participants will be asked for feedback on the review process following submission of their STARS report. Through this effort, we hope to learn of the impact that a standardized review process has on STARS data quality and accuracy.
2018 Pilot Participants
- American University
- Babson College
- Bow Valley College
- California State University, Channel Islands
- Connecticut College
- Creighton University
- Emerson College
- Illinois State University
- Knox College
- Lehigh University
- Saint Joseph's College - ME
- Suffolk County Community College
- Temple University
- University of California, San Diego
- University of Colorado Colorado Springs
- University of Dayton
- University of South Carolina
- University of Virginia
- University of Wisconsin-River Falls
Thanks to all institutions participating in the Pilot!
To join the STARS Review Pilot, please complete this simple form and be sure to submit a report (and pursue the Presubmission Review exemplary practice credit) before June 2018.
Why Participate in the Pilot?
In addition to the above mentioned benefits:
- Pilot institutions will be recognized on the STARS website upon signing up.
- Reports submitted by Pilot institutions that complete the Pre-Submission Review exemplary practice credit will be recognized in AASHE’s 2018 Sustainable Campus Index.
- Pilot institutions that complete the Pre-Submission Review exemplary practice credit will benefit from expedited review during the standard collaborative review and revision process, receiving their review results sooner than non-Pilot institutions submitting around the same time.
For questions or comments about the Review Template or the Review Pilot, please email email@example.com.