|Submission Date||May 31, 2017|
|1.00 / 1.00||
Health & Wellness Center
The WHAM (Wellness and Health at Macalester) program aim is to develop a culture of wellness at Macalester College and promoting and supporting healthy lifestyle choices for faculty, staff, and students.
The mission of the WHAM Committee is to foster a working and learning environment which promotes healthy lifestyle choices by increasing awareness, providing educational opportunities, and supporting lifestyle changes. Healthier lifestyles among faculty, staff, and students will in turn create happier, more productive individuals who benefit themselves, Macalester, and the greater community.
The WHAM Committee is composed of faculty and staff who are interested in promoting health and wellness at Macalester. WHAM sponsors a variety of initiatives including classes, workshops, and other events or activities. The committee also provides health and wellness resource information and materials for the Macalester community.
Description of Student Wellness Program:
The health promotion program is led by a professional health education specialist. The vitality and energy of the program is enriched by a diverse team of students who work together - offering education and initiatives to enhance the health of their peers. As Macalester students, the student health promotion team offers unique perspectives on their community's needs and interests. Our main mission is to create a campus environment in which students feel empowered to make healthy choices for themselves that contribute to their overall personal and academic success.
From the Employment Services Wellness and Wellbeing - Faculty and Staff
Welcome to the Macalester Wellness & Well-being Faculty and Staff website. The site was designed to support and promote individual and community health at Macalester. It's your one-stop-shop for information to help you enhance your physical, financial, social and emotional health. Here you'll find:
1) Wellness Blog: Guest writers will periodically post entries on a variety of topics related to well-being.
2) Well-being Benefits and Incentives: Stay up to date on the latest events and activities happening across campus, and learn about the incentives being offered for your participation.
3) Classes and Programs: Learn about offerings from WHAM and our Well-being Program
4) Links and Resources: Connect to the Mayo Clinic, HealthPartners and the National Wellness Institute, among others.
5) Wellness Coach: Get to know Macalester's Wellness Coach, Kelly Fang, and schedule an appointment.
6) Macalester Facts: Learn about our community related to well-being.
7) Health and Well-being Books: Preview the library's extensive offering of titles related to well-being available for check out.
The information presented here is self-reported. While AASHE
staff review portions of all STARS reports and institutions are welcome to seek additional forms of review, the data in STARS reports are not verified by AASHE. If you believe any of this information is erroneous or inconsistent with credit criteria, please review the process for inquiring about the information reported by an institution and complete the Data Inquiry Form.
The information presented here is self-reported. While AASHE staff review portions of all STARS reports and institutions are welcome to seek additional forms of review, the data in STARS reports are not verified by AASHE. If you believe any of this information is erroneous or inconsistent with credit criteria, please review the process for inquiring about the information reported by an institution and complete the Data Inquiry Form.