|Submission Date||Oct. 4, 2017|
|2.00 / 3.00||
Director of Sustainability
The Association for Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE)
The Vermont Campus Sustainability Network (VCSN)
College and University Recycling Coalition (CURC)
The Vermont Campus Sustainability Network promotes environmental awareness and action on Vermont’s campuses and within Vermont’s larger communities through the free exchange of information, focused education and events, creative collaborations, and specific projects and initiatives. We believe that Vermont’s campus communities have the knowledge, will, and resources to lead society-at-large to a more just, equitable, and environmentally sustainable future.
The Director of Sustainability is on the Advisory Board of Sodexo's Vermont First Initiative. Advisory Board members:
• Provide strategic guidance in determining Vermont First’s objectives
• Challenge the Leadership Team to maintain compatibility with objectives through implementation of all initiatives and projects
• Assist Sodexo in identifying and addressing areas of opportunity, potential risks and challenges, and emerging local trends
• Support the creation of partnerships, sponsorships, and other strategic linkages between Sodexo and other organizations
• Offer expert, focused insight, advice, and resources on topics and issues relevant to Vermont First
• Individual Board members come to the Advisory Board with a degree of consistency, longevity, and background knowledge that allows him/her to know enough and have enough interest that he/she can advise reliably on particular issues
To seek advice/brainstorm with neighboring campuses on various sustainability efforts (such as recycling/waste reduction planning).
The information presented here is self-reported. While AASHE
staff review portions of all STARS reports and institutions are welcome to seek additional forms of review, the data in STARS reports are not verified by AASHE. If you believe any of this information is erroneous or inconsistent with credit criteria, please review the process for inquiring about the information reported by an institution and complete the Data Inquiry Form.