|Submission Date||Jan. 26, 2012|
UTSA Sustainability Council:
The Council will consist of faculty, staff and students from the three campuses and include representatives from the offices of the President and each of the Vice Presidents. The Council will function as a university standing committee and its chair and members will be appointed by the President and/or his/her designee.
The Council will advise the President, Provost and other senior administrators regarding strategies for enhancing the university's sustainability performance. The Council will make recommendations on sustainability programs, initiatives, and practices, and on the allocation of resources; will help monitor the development and progress of the campus sustainability efforts; and will provide guidance and assistance in fostering alliances with community partners.
The Council will be responsible for developing a five-year sustainability plan. The Council will review and update the plan on an annual basis, and present it to Campus Management and Operations (CMO) for approval, support and provision of resources. The Council will have the responsibility of preparing an annual report on the progress of the university-wide sustainability plan. In addition, the Council will be responsible for preparing the annual UTSA Campus Sustainability report for The University of Texas System (UT System).
- John Frederick, Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs (Executive Champion of UTSA sustainability)
- John Murphy (co-chair), Dean, College of Architecture
- Rogelio Saenz (co-chair), Dean, College of Public Policy
- Jeffrey Anderson, Assistant Vice President for Strategic Development
- Pam Bacon, Associate Vice President for Administration
- Kim Bilica, Assistant Professor of Interdisciplinary Learning and Teaching, College of Education and Human Development
- Tim Brownlee, Associate Director of Internal Communications
- Itza Carbajal, Sophomore, English major, College of Liberal and Fine Arts
- Ann Eisenberg, Associate Dean, Honors College
- Xavier Johnson, Student Government Association President, Sociology Major
- Travis Jourdan, Marketing Major
- Lionel Maten, Director of Housing and Residence Life
- John McCray, Associate Professor of Management, College of Business
- Barry McKinney, Director of Student Activities
- Mary Peters, Associate Director, Small Business Development Center
- Harrison Pierce, Junior, Construction Science and Management major, College of Architecture
- Hazem Rashed-Ali, Assistant Professor of Architecture, College of Architecture
- Dave Riker, Associate Vice President for Facilities
- Les Shephard, Director, Texas Sustainable Energy Research Institute, and USAA Robert F. McDermott Distinguished Chair in Engineering
The information presented here is self-reported. While AASHE
staff review portions of all STARS reports and institutions are welcome to seek additional forms of review, the data in STARS reports are not verified by AASHE. If you believe any of this information is erroneous or inconsistent with credit criteria, please review the process for inquiring about the information reported by an institution and complete the Data Inquiry Form.
The information presented here is self-reported. While AASHE staff review portions of all STARS reports and institutions are welcome to seek additional forms of review, the data in STARS reports are not verified by AASHE. If you believe any of this information is erroneous or inconsistent with credit criteria, please review the process for inquiring about the information reported by an institution and complete the Data Inquiry Form.