|Submission Date||June 30, 2017|
|1.92 / 3.00||
Associate Vice President, Planning and Project Delivery
Facilities & Operations
|Certified Floor Area|
|LEED BD+C Platinum or at the highest achievable level under another rating system||0 Square Feet|
|LEED BD+C Gold or at the 2nd highest level under another 4- or 5-tier GBC rating system||334,133.09 Square Feet|
|Certified at mid-level under a 3- or 5-tier GBC rating system for design and construction (e.g. BREEAM, CASBEE, DGNB, Green Star)||0 Square Feet|
|LEED BD+C Silver or at a step above minimum level under another 4- or 5-tier GBC rating system||0 Square Feet|
|LEED BD+C Certified or certified at minimum level under another GBC rating system||0 Square Feet|
Green Globes is an online assessment protocol, rating system, and guidance for green building design, operation and management. It is interactive, flexible and affordable, and provides market recognition of a building's environmental attributes through third-party verification.
LEED certification provides independent, third-party verification that a building, home or community was designed and built using strategies aimed at achieving high performance in key areas of human and environmental health: sustainable site development, water savings, energy efficiency, materials selection and indoor environmental quality.
The following buildings were certified in the five years from 2012-16:
• Donadeo Innovation Centre for Engineering LEED Gold
• Jeanne and Peter Lougheed Performing Arts Centre 4 Green Globes
• East Campus Village Tamarack Residence 4 Green Globes
• East Campus Village Pinecrest Residence 4 Green Globes
• Physical Activity & Wellness Centre 4 Green Globes
• University Hall 3 Green globes
The following buildings were certified prior to 2012:
• Triffo Hall LEED Gold
• Chemical and Materials Engineering Renewal LEED Gold
• Cooling Plant on Campus LEED Gold
• Centennial Centre for Interdisciplinary Science LEED Silver
• East Campus Village (ECV) Graduate Student Housing LEED Silver
• Edmonton Clinic Health Academy LEED Silver
• Balmoral Medical Isotope & Cyclotron Facility 3 Green Globes
|Yes or No|
|Impacts on the surrounding site (e.g. guidelines to reuse previously developed land, protect environmentally sensitive areas, and otherwise minimize site impacts)||Yes|
|Energy consumption (e.g. policies requiring a minimum level of energy efficiency for buildings and their systems)||Yes|
|Building-level energy metering||Yes|
|Use of environmentally preferable materials (e.g. guidelines to minimize the life cycle impacts associated with building materials)||Yes|
|Indoor environmental quality (i.e. guidelines to protect the health and comfort of building occupants)||Yes|
|Water consumption (e.g. requiring minimum standards of efficiency for indoor and outdoor water use)||Yes|
|Building-level water metering||Yes|
All new university buildings or renovations are covered by the Green Building Design, Operations and Maintenance guidelines, regardless of whether the building has a green building certification.
The Green Building Design, Operations and Maintenance guidelines are integrated into project planning by the project management teams and issues are discussed in the university's Capital & Operations meetings. The guidelines are part of the project request for proposal and are publicly accessible online (please see link in optional fields). These guidelines were developed by the Office of Sustainability, Facilities & Operations and Energy Management & Sustainable Operations.
University of Alberta requested that AASHE Staff correct a mistake in this reporting field for the reason specified below.Previous Value: http://www.facilities.ualberta.ca/en/FormsAndDocuments/DDSForms/DesignGuidelines.aspx
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBLE PARTY
Project Planner: Certification & Metrics
Office of Sustainability
To be included in this STARS submission, buildings must have been completed between June 2012 and June 2017. Building were exempted if they were completed but not LEED certified ONLY if their LEED registration date was later than June 2015 (2 years before June 2017 submission date). No buildings met this criteria.
In addition to the buildings included in our submission, the following buildings have been completed since our last STARS submission.
• Peter and Jeanne Lougheed Performing Arts Centre (2014) 4 Green Globes, May 2014
• Beef Genomics Research Building (2012) not certified
• Alder House (2015) not certified
• Donadeo Innovation Centre For Engineering (2016) LEED Gold certification, June 2017
• University Hall 3 Green globes, Feb 2016
• Linden House (2015) not certified
• Physical Activity And Wellness Centre (2014) 4 Green Globes, July 2016
• Pinecrest House (2013) 4 Green Globes, Feb 2016
• Tamarack House (2013) 4 Green Globes, Feb 2016
• Founders Hall (2016) Targeting Green globes certification
The information presented here is self-reported. While AASHE
staff review portions of all STARS reports and institutions are welcome to seek additional forms of review, the data in STARS reports are not verified by AASHE. If you believe any of this information is erroneous or inconsistent with credit criteria, please review the process for inquiring about the information reported by an institution and complete the Data Inquiry Form.
The information presented here is self-reported. While AASHE staff review portions of all STARS reports and institutions are welcome to seek additional forms of review, the data in STARS reports are not verified by AASHE. If you believe any of this information is erroneous or inconsistent with credit criteria, please review the process for inquiring about the information reported by an institution and complete the Data Inquiry Form.