Important dates – 2023
- Have a valid and published STARS Bronze, Silver, Gold, or Platinum Rating on March 3, 2023 OR
- Submit for a new rating by March 3, 2022 AND successfully complete the collaborative review and revision process and have your report published by May 12, 2023 (extended to May 19, 2023).
In what ways might my institution be recognized?
Institutions can be recognized for sustainability leadership in the following ways:
- Top Performers – Lists based on published STARS score data
- Impact area – Recognizes top scores in a particular STARS subcategory (e.g., Curriculum or Energy)
- Institution type – Recognizes top overall scores among a specific group of institutions (e.g., Associate or Doctoral institutions)
- International Top Performers – A new list that recognizes the top-scoring institution in every country with at least one STARS-rated institution.
- Institutional Highlights – Innovative and high-impact projects, programs and initiatives found in STARS reports, selected by a team of AASHE staff based on level of innovation, overall impact in advancing sustainability, potential for replicability, and newness of the effort(s).
- STARS of Data Accuracy – Reports with the fewest data accuracy issues following AASHE’s standard collaborative review and revision process.
How will I know if my institution will be recognized?
Notification emails for recognition in the SCI are sent to STARS liaisons in June/July for the following groups.
- All institutions recognized under the Institution Highlights section will be notified in early summer with a copy for review and a request for images.
- Top Performing institutions that submitted in the prior year (new report since prior SCI) will also be notified, with the option to share images.
All recognized institutions will receive a press packet about two weeks before the SCI is published to assist with internal marketing and promotion.