You may add as many users as you wish to help enter and/or review data in the Reporting Tool.
- Observers can view the information saved in completed credits. For example, you could give your provost or department head Observer status so that she can preview a report before you submit it.
- Data entry users can enter and save information in credits. You can elect to give individuals who are actively collecting information the ability to edit data in the tool directly.
- Administrators can manage and share data, add/delete users, purchase subscriptions, and submit reports. You may want to restrict this level of access to your immediate team or the committee leading the process.
To add users:
- Ask each user to create an AASHE account (if they don’t already have one). This will generate their log-in credentials.
- Navigate to the Users tab in the My Summary section of the Reporting Tool.
- Add users by email address, assigning a level of access for each one.
Each new user added will receive an automated email notifying them that they have access to the STARS Reporting Tool or else prompting them to create an AASHE account if they have not taken that step.
You also have the option to create a roster of “responsible parties” that may be associated with specific credits. The responsible party for each credit should be a staff member, faculty member, or administrator who is willing to affirm that the information submitted is accurate and can respond to questions regarding the data. When your institution submits a report, the responsible party’s name will be made public alongside the information submitted for the credit.
You may add, edit or delete a Responsible Party in the Responsible Parties tab in the Reporting Tool, with one exception. The system will not allow you to delete a Responsible Party who is associated with a credit in a published STARS Report, as doing so would invalidate the online report.