|Submission Date||July 6, 2011|
Office of Sustainability
Explores the student experience of diversity at the University of Calgary. The information presented draws from the following sources:
- Environmental scans of the literature on student development research, diversity models in education and community contexts, and public policy related to diversity, equity and access.
- University of Calgary internal policies, institutional analysis and media reports
- 2004 SDA review of diversity related policies in 8 selected Canadian peer universities
- Online survey responses of 1679 U of C students
- Focus group participation of 29 U of C students
Recommendation used in program planning at the Disability Resource Centre, Native Centre, International Student Centre, Graduate Students' Association, Students' Union and by the Sexual Harassment Advisor.
The information presented here is self-reported. While AASHE
staff review portions of all STARS reports and institutions are welcome to seek additional forms of review, the data in STARS reports are not verified by AASHE. If you believe any of this information is erroneous or inconsistent with credit criteria, please review the process for inquiring about the information reported by an institution and complete the Data Inquiry Form.