As a service to STARS participants who are also signatories of the Presidents’ Climate Leadership Commitments, Second Nature and AASHE have collaborated to develop a simple process to enable institutions to use their published STARS data to fulfill the Annual Progress Evaluation requirement rather than having to submit a separate report. As described in more detail below, institutions with a published STARS report in which all credits in the Air & Climate and Energy subcategories have been completed can download an export of their STARS data and send it to Second Nature.
1. Log in to the STARS Reporting Tool. You must have Administrator privileges to export your data.
2. Navigate to the STARS report you wish to share.
3. Click the Download button in the report header and select Excel format.
4. The export will take a minute or two to complete. When the confirmation window appears, click Download to save the file.
5. Email the Excel file to firstname.lastname@example.org. Second Nature staff will use the relevant data from your STARS report to draft your institution’s Annual Progress Evaluation in the Second Nature Reporting Platform. Second Nature staff will then follow up with you to ensure that your Annual Progress Evaluation is completed successfully.