|Submission Date||June 28, 2013|
Office of Sustainability
The Climate Action Plan identifies viable actions for reducing the university’s operation greenhouse gas emissions by 45% by 2015, 60% by 2020, and 80% by 2050 (from a 2008 baseline).
- Retrofitting the central heating and cooling plant to cogeneration/combined heating and power technology.
- Complete building performance audits and implement energy efficiency retrofits in seven buildings on campus
- Implement an ongoing re-commissioning program to optimize energy performance in buildings not slated for major capital upgrades.
- Implement stringent energy performance targets for new building design and construction
- Implement energy efficiency measures in data center and at desktop computing devices.
- Develop a strategic transportation demand management plan and improved tracking for commuting and institutionally financed travel.
The information presented here is self-reported. While AASHE
staff review portions of all STARS reports and institutions are welcome to seek additional forms of review, the data in STARS reports are not verified by AASHE. If you believe any of this information is erroneous or inconsistent with credit criteria, please review the process for inquiring about the information reported by an institution and complete the Data Inquiry Form.