|Submission Date||June 28, 2013|
Office of Sustainability
Presentations given to:
- Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE)
- Canadian University Sustainability Professional (CUSP)
- and others.
The U of C is engaged in a wide range of collaborative partnerships and events with colleges and universities regionally, nationally and internationally.
- ImagineCALGARY: The University of Calgary is a partner in this community initiative to advance long-range urban sustainability. Other partners in this project include Mount Royal University, Southern Alberta Institute of Technology and Bow Valley College, and the Calgary Board of Education.
- Canadian Campus Commuter Challenge: Participated in the 2010 challenge along with universities and colleges across Canada, coming in first place that year.
- RecycleMania: Competed last three years in this event along with over 400 post-secondary institutions throughout the U.S. and Canada.
- Research Networks: The U of C is leading or involved in a number of collaborative research partnerships regionally and nationally, with a strong focus on energy and environment. These networks include:
o Arctic Institute of North America
o Canadian Energy Research Institute
o Canadian Institute of Resources Law
o Carbon Management Canada Inc.
o NSERC Solid Oxide Fuel Cells Canada Strategic Network
o Van Horne Institute
- Our School at Blair Grocery – urban agriculture and alternative education program in the Lower Ninth ward in New Orleans. OSBG has been a partner for the ucalgarycares program in February for 3 years.
- Grow Dat – urban agriculture/youth leadership program in New Orleans; a new partner for the ucalgarycares program in February 2013.
- Hillhurst Sunnyside Community Association – The CCEL works closely with the HSCA to offer the Kids Grow program (new in 2012); in Winter 2012, four students in a service-learning course worked closely with the HSCA to do public consultation with marginalized groups in the HS communities, to feed into a community-wide food security strategy. This work has since led into a successfully funded Calgary Foundation grant for the HSCA.
- Eco Move-out – Battle of Alberta – Friendly competition between the University of Alberta and the University of Calgary. The winner will be determined based on waste diversion per capita during move out
Arctic Institute of North America: http://www.arctic.ucalgary.ca/
Canada School of Energy and Environment: http://www.canadaschoolofenergy.com/
Canadian Energy Research Institute: http://www.ceri.ca/
Canadian Institute of Resources Law: http://www.ucalgary.ca/cirl/
Carbon Management Canada Inc.: http://www.carbonmanagement.ca/home.html
NSERC Solid Oxide Fuel Cells Canada Strategic Network: http://www.sofccanada.com/
Van Horne Institute: http://www.vanhorne.info/
The information presented here is self-reported. While AASHE
staff review portions of all STARS reports and institutions are welcome to seek additional forms of review, the data in STARS reports are not verified by AASHE. If you believe any of this information is erroneous or inconsistent with credit criteria, please review the process for inquiring about the information reported by an institution and complete the Data Inquiry Form.
The information presented here is self-reported. While AASHE staff review portions of all STARS reports and institutions are welcome to seek additional forms of review, the data in STARS reports are not verified by AASHE. If you believe any of this information is erroneous or inconsistent with credit criteria, please review the process for inquiring about the information reported by an institution and complete the Data Inquiry Form.