|Submission Date||Aug. 22, 2011|
Communications and Training Officer
Physical Plant and Capital Planning Services
The 'President's Advisory Committee on Environment & Sustainability' (PACES) is a working group, whose purpose is to provide direction on the creation of cohesive and comprehensive approaches to environmental sustainability at Western. The PACES group reports jointly to the Provost and Vice President, Resources and Operations.
The Committee members include:
- Janice Deakin, Provost and Vice-President (Academic), Co-chair
- Gitta Kulzcycki, Vice President (Resources and Operations), Co-chair
- Dr. Tima Bansal, Professor, Ivery School of Business
- Dr. Irena Creed, Associate Professor, Biology and Earth Sciences
- Dr. Dan Shrubsole, Professor and Department Chair, Geography
- Dr. Gordon Southam, Director, Centre for Environment and Sustainability
- Dr. Andrew Hrymak, Dean and Professor, Chemical & Biochemical Engineering
- Roy Langille, Associate Vice-President, Facilities Management Division
- Susan Grindrod, Associate Vice President, Housing and Ancillary Services
- Helen Connell, Associate Vice-President, Communications & Public Affairs
- Elizabeth Krische, Director of Purchasing, Financial Services
- Carolyn Young, Director, Continuing Studies
- Beverley Townsend, Manager, Energy and Environment
- Jeff Grieve, Associate Director, Technical Support, ITS
- Sonja Teichert, Society of Graduate Students
- Analise Hoffman, University Student's Council
The President's Advisory Council on Environment Sustainability is seeking the support of a consultant to prepare a 10-year sustainability vision (through 2022).
The consultant will also prepare a 5-year action plan for Western (2012 through 2017). This action plan will cover all operations of Western with the exception of the curriculum.
Western is claiming points for the sustainability plan credit during this transitional period.
For more information regarding Western's current policies and procedures on its environment and sustainability, please refer to the provided URL.
The information presented here is self-reported. While AASHE
staff review portions of all STARS reports and institutions are welcome to seek additional forms of review, the data in STARS reports are not verified by AASHE. If you believe any of this information is erroneous or inconsistent with credit criteria, please review the process for inquiring about the information reported by an institution and complete the Data Inquiry Form.